In addition to the classic bookmakers that accept online esports bets among other more familiar and popular sports and do not provide a particularly wide line, there are specialized esports bookmakers with a large number of betting options.
What Disciplines Are Open for Bets?
The most popular among players and fans are games in the following genres:
- first-person shooters (CS: GO, Call of Duty);
- MOBA games (Dota 2, League of Legends);
- sports simulators (FIFA, NBA 2K);
- fighting games (Street Fighter, Tekken).
There are also regular competitions for games that do not fall into any of the above categories, such as Fortnite, PUBG, Hearthstone, and others.
Esports regularly hosts many different regional and international tournaments. Therefore, covering as many competitions as possible is a key requirement for all bookmakers who accept bets on computer games. It is also important for fans of a particular discipline that the bookmaker’s list takes into account all the nuances and features of the gameplay, allowing you to make as many different bets as possible.
Bookmaker Margin and Limits
Do not forget about the potential winnings in case of successful bets: for different bookmakers, a bet on the same event can bring different winnings due to differences in the odds.
High odds and low bookmaker’s margin are an absolute plus for any player, regardless of whether they bet on esports or not. Companies that allow their clients to independently choose the size of the bet and do not limit it are worthy of attention.
Types of Bets
As a rule, the following options are available to players:
- Outcomes. A classic money line that allows you to bet on a team to win or a draw.
- Results of rounds or maps. By analogy with the lines for the outcome of a particular half in football or a period in hockey, in esports events, players have access to bets on the results of rounds and maps.
- Totals and Handicaps. Along these lines, bettors can bet on the total number of rounds and/or the duration of the game, as well as on the winner of the match with a handicap.
Extended lanes in popular disciplines can include betting on team and player statistics, long-term bets on tournament results, as well as specific markets for certain aspects of the game – for example, destroying a tower in Dota 2 or killing with a knife in CS: GO.
Note that every month bookmakers are increasing the number of bonuses dedicated to competitions in esports. Before the start of major tournaments on the sites of some bookmakers, it is quite possible to get a free bet on any discipline or take part in promotions with the drawing of bonuses and valuable prizes.